We respect your rights to privacy under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act) and we comply with all of the Act’s requirements in respect of the collection, management and disclosure of your personal information.
What is your personal information?
What personal information do we collect and hold?
- your name, addresses, contact numbers and email addresses (contact information);
- your age, birth date, gender, occupation, profession or job title;
- your In2Indoor username and password and your interactions with In2Indoor; and
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us through our websites, promotional offers or competitions you enter, customer surveys or otherwise.
In2Indoor may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect anonymous answers to surveys or aggregated information about how users use our websites.
We will use different cookies at various different stages of your use of our website such as:
- Tracking and Customisation Cookies: These are used to recognise repeat visitors to the In2Indoor wifi and customise the visitor experience, as described above. They may also be used in conjunction with other information we or our third party partners hold to attempt to record specific browsing information (for example, regarding the way visitors arrive at the In2Indoor website, pages viewed, options selected, information entered and the path taken through In2Indoor wifi).
- Session Cookies: These are used to maintain your session when you sign in to the In2Indoor wifi, allowing you to access the online services without the need to sign in on every page you visit.
We may also log IP addresses (the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet) to analyse trends, administer the website, track user movements, and gather broad demographic information.
We may also collect anonymous data (which is not personal information) relating to your activity on our websites (including IP addresses) via cookies, or we may collect information from you in response to a survey. We generally use this information to report statistics, analyse trends, administer our services, diagnose problems and target and improve the quality of our products and services. To the extent this information does not constitute personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else, the Australian Privacy Principles do not apply and we may use this information for any purpose and by any means whatsoever.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. In2Indoor collects personal information that you provide us:
- when you register with In2Indoor;
- when you submit an enquiry or request to be contacted;
- when you provide a response to an online survey or activity;
- when you subscribe to a newsletter or a mailing list;
- over the phone, in correspondence, in person, via our websites and related social media platforms;
- during conversations between you and our representatives;
- during any written communications between you and our representatives;
- when you register to enter any competitions on our websites or social media sites;
- when you register your details at any of our promotional sampling events; and
- when you register for any of our services, including WiFi networks, alerts, blogs, or other subscription services.
- In2Indoor may also collect personal information from third parties including from third party companies such as recruitment agencies, credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and other government entities.
What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
- we may not be able to provide services via In2Indoor to you, either to the same standard or at all
- we may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want, including information about discounts, sales or special promotions or competitions; or
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our websites to your preferences and your experience of our websites may not be as enjoyable or useful. For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
- In2Indoor collects personal information about you for the purpose of its provision of services to you and the operation and administration of the In2Indoor services. In addition, In2Indoor may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following related purposes:
- verifying your identity;
- communicating with you in relation to surveys or research you will be asked to participate in as part of In2Indoor;
- notifying you about and inviting you to events;
- providing you with information relating to In2Indoor;
- providing products, services, deals and competitions offered by us and/or our commercial associates, partners and sponsors to you and sending communications requested by you including dispatching emails to you,
- providing you with password reminders, notifying you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance or contacting you about a submission you have made to the In2Indoor;
- answering enquiries and providing information or advice about our business, existing and new products, assets, services and in relation to technical matters;
- providing you with access to protected areas of our websites;
- monitoring, developing and improving the In2Indoor services and your use of In2Indoor;
- assessing the performance of our websites and improving the operation of those websites;
- conducting research and understanding customer trends and patterns;
- tailoring and personalising website content and deals offered by us and/or our commercial associates, partners and sponsors, depending on your location and interests;
- conducting business processing functions including providing personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties;
- administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), recruitment, planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes of In2Indoor and its contractors, service providers or other third parties;
- updating our records and keeping your contact details up to date;
- providing your updated personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
- processing and responding to any complaint or enquiry made by you; and
- complying with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country (or political sub-division of a country).
To whom may In2Indoor disclose your information?
In2Indoor may disclose your personal information to:
- its employees, related bodies corporate, contractors, or service providers located in Australia and overseas including without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants, for the purposes of providing services in connection with the operation of our websites or our business, fulfilling your requests or enquiries, and to otherwise provide products and services to you;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes; and
- any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent. We may combine or share any information that we collect from you with information collected by any of our related bodies corporate.
Do we disclose your personal information to anyone outside Australia?
In2Indoor may disclose personal information to our services providers, related bodies corporate and their service providers located overseas, including New Zealand, for some of the purposes listed above.
In2Indoor will take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
Direct marketing materials
In2Indoor may send you direct marketing communications and information about existing or new products and services and special offers and those of our sponsors and partners that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see the details below) or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
In2Indoor does not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing unless agreed with you.
We may contact you:
- in relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that we can deliver the service to you;
- where you have opted to receive regular emails from us;
- to inform you of the results of a competition you have entered;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about In2Indoor (participation is always voluntary); and/or
- for marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to that contact.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
You have certain rights to access personal information held by In2Indoor. To request access or to find out what information we have about you, please contact our Privacy Officer (see details below). Where In2Indoor holds information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). We may charge you a reasonable fee to cover our administrative and other reasonable costs in providing you the information. We will not charge you for simply making the request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information.
There may be instances where In2Indoor cannot grant you access to the personal information it holds. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
If we provide you with access to personal information In2Indoor holds about you and you believe that personal information is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, then you may request that we amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment, we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment, we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
We aim to keep our information about you as accurate as possible, but we depend on you to update your personal information whenever necessary. You can review, change or delete the details you have supplied to us at any time by logging into your account directly or clicking on the change details link on the bottom of every email. If you have any other query relating to your information, please contact us as set out below.
What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy?
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please email our Privacy Officer with a full description of the issue. In2Indoor will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. In2Indoor’ Privacy Officer will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in timely and appropriate manner.
In2Indoor takes reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We may hold your information in either electronic or hard copy form. Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed.
As our website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
oOh!media Operations Pty Limited
Post: Level 2, 76 Berry Street, North Sydney NSW 2060
Tel: 02 9927 5555